Advanced Injectable Therapies
Module code: MD7521
This module will meet your needs as a health care professionals who would like to advance your knowledge and confidence in both initiating and managing injectable therapies. The module covers practical skills but is also grounded in the latest evidence-based medicine.
- Education and self-management needs of people with diabetes who are being treated with an injectable therapy
- Identification of when and how to initiate, adjust, change and combine injectable therapy regimens according to age, diagnosis, license, published evidence and individual circumstances
- Exploration of the potential psychological impact of injectable therapy and how support can be offered to a person with diabetes
- Reflection upon the advanced skills and abilities related to practical aspects of injectable therapies, including initiation of injectables, self-monitoring (including CGMS) and choice of devices plus an awareness of the guidance around insulin pump therapy
- The impact of food choices, weight management and physical activity when managing a person on injectable therapies