Module code: MD7520
This module covers the key components of diabetes management and has been specifically developed to provide you with a good understanding of all the current and latest therapeutic developments.
- Pathophysiology of diabetes.
- Clinical presentation, classification and diagnosis of type 1 and type 2 diabetes
- Current and future oral and injectable treatments for the glycaemic management of diabetes (including preconception, pregnancy and weight loss interventions)
- Principles of self-management and its relevance to the management of diabetes
- Lifestyle treatment options for people with diabetes
- Diabetes management in special groups and circumstances