Module code: MD7517
If you're a for healthcare professionals with an interest in diabetes inpatient care such as specialist registrars, diabetes specialist nurses, consultant diabetologists, podiatrists, pharmacists and ward nurses, then this is the module for you.
- The evidence for recognising and treating hyperglycaemia in inpatients with diabetes including complex cases and special groups
- A description and explanation of the presentation and assessment of someone newly diagnosed with diabetes in hospital
- Biomedical data and clinical management in relation to hypoglycaemia, diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA) and hyperosmolar hyperglycaemic syndrome (HHS)
- Clinical case studies to explain and discuss the importance of preoperative and perioperative care planning in patients with diabetes undergoing fasted procedures
- The importance of the national organisations and bodies which drive policies regarding inpatient diabetes care, standards and national initiatives e.g. NHS England, CQC, Diabetes UK, JBDS) and how these influence quality of care and service design