Business Applications of Mathematics
Module code: MA2511
This module aims to develop your understanding of business terminology and how business works and to give you the chance to experience applications of mathematics and mathematical modelling in a business context.
In business situations, problems can arise in applying mathematics and, unlike in the classroom:
- Problems often
- Problems do not fall into obvious categories
- It will not be obvious which techniques to use
- The data may not be there
This module will help you tackle these issues and will help your ability to apply your mathematical skills in real-world situations.
Plus, this module will help you identify employability skills and reflect upon how to evidence such skills in CVs and applications for graduate employment and postgraduate study.
- 3 hours of lectures
- 7 hours of seminars
- 16 hours of tutorials
- 3 hours of project supervision
- 9 hours of practical classes and workshops
- 112 hours of work based learning
- Coursework (100%)