Module code: JO3007
In this module, you will explore political journalism. You’ll learn what it is, learn its key concepts and principles and produce your own pieces of content. Plus, you’ll reflect on political journalism in general and on your own practice, as well as the controversies within the discipline.
- Politics and Journalism
- Types of political journalism
- Political journalism skills, especially news-gathering, contacts, interviewing etc
- Political journalism research
- Political journalism resources.
- Political journalism in practice
- 2 hours of tutorials
- 33 hours of practical work
- 115 hours of independent study
- Critical and analytical investigation, 2,400 words (80%)
- Practical (20%)