Module code: JO2004
This module will introduce you to magazine journalism, its practice, theories and concepts. You’ll learn what magazine journalism is, how it is constructed and what makes it different from other forms of journalism.
- What are magazines?
- What is magazine journalism and how is it different?
- Originating and marketing magazines
- Advanced feature-writing
- Magazine journalism style and language
- Reflection on theories and concepts around magazines and magazine journalism
- 2 hours of tutorials
- 33 hours of practical work
- 115 hours of independent study
- Portfolio and critical reflection, 2,500 words (100%)