Leadership and Project Management
Module code: EG4009
A big difference between our BEng and MEng programmes is that the MEng gives you experience of leading teams, not simply managing your own work. Leadership means being able to adjust your plans when things don’t work perfectly, and maintain high ethical standards in your work. Engineering leaders must cope with change and accept that there is never a perfect engineering solution. Along with relevant technical expertise, these are core competences expected of all Professional Engineers.
In this module you'll lead a team of your peers and project manage a team of second year students. In doing so you'll gain experience of leaving, and joining, a project part way through, and will be supported by academic mentors throughout the year. These experiences offer a fantastic preparation for situations you'll encounter in your engineering career.
- 6 hours of lectures
- 35 hours of seminars
- 8 hours of practical classes and workshops
- 44 hours of supervised time in labs/studios/workshop
- 207 hours of guided independent study
- Design, build and test leadership and project management (30%)
- Group project leadership and project management (30%)
- Ethics/leadership sessions contribution (20%)
- Professional development reflective review and plan (20%)