Module code: CR7724
This module will provide you with a comprehensive overview of terrorism, drawing on a range of contemporary issues. The module begins by exploring definitions of terrorism and the types of acts that are defined as being terrorism. Full consideration is given to the historical perspectives before the module turns to understanding the threats and vulnerabilities from terrorism and how terrorism might be prevented. This includes an overview of relevant laws and regulations and the protection organisations and employees.
- The historical, social and political dimensions of terrorism
- Debates surrounding how terrorism is defined
- Risk and terrorism
- Counter-terrorism strategies and policies.
- 6 hours of tutorials
- 10 hours of webinars
- 134 hours of independent study
- Poster presentation (20%)
- Policy document, 2,000 words (80%)