Module code: CO2111
The aim of this module is to teach you about the development process in respect of advanced hardware, software and communications.
The module divides into two phases:
Lectures on the following topics
- The Development Process
- Networking and Communications
- Platform-based Development
- Software Engineering
- Parallel and Distributed Computing
- Information Assurance and Security
You will develop a project plan based one of the topics from the previous phase, working to a pre-scripted scenario. You will work in groups, using an agile development method of iterative weekly ‘scrums’ and concluding in a presentation and delivery of the plan.
- 24 hours of lectures
- 24 hours of project supervision
- 102 hours of guided independent study
- Project plan (40%)
- Presentation (60%)