Module code: SY2084
During this module you’ll consider your career path after graduating university and look at the various routes which are open to sociologists. You’ll be taking a practical approach to employment by developing your CV, reflecting upon your career aspirations and cultivating skills employers value.
This module will take you through all stages of the employment process, from developing skills, to applying to roles. This will give you and an idea of what to expect after university, while prompting you to think about how to be productive in your career search.
- 1 hour lecture
- 5 hours of practical classes/workshops
- 4 hours of project supervision
- 30 hours of work-based learning
- 40 hours of placement
- 70 hours of guided independent study
- Essay (60%)
- Professional portfolio (20%)
- Workplace learning diary (20%)