Critical War Studies
Module code: PL7598
Grounded in the latest debates and advances in the field of critical war studies, this module provides a rigorous practical and theoretical overview of contemporary war.
The module covers a range of issues, debates and dilemmas relating to:
- ethics of political violence
- representation of war through images and popular culture
- politics of memory and commemoration
- the role of technology in transforming the practice and experience of contemporary warfare.
Across the module, you will undertake a rigorous and theoretical engagement with the practice, experience, representation and cultural imaginary of war in the 21st century.
- This module is delivered by distance learning.
- Critical analysis (15%)
- Reflective writing/Problem solving exercise (10%)
- Essay (75%)