Political Analysis 2: Preparing for your Dissertation
Module code: PL2095
During your final year studies, you will undertake your dissertation; a substantive piece of research into an area of your choice. This module will give you the chance to think about and determine your topic of study.
With support from one of our dissertation supervisors, you will come up with a potential topic suitable for research in an undergraduate dissertation. You'll then create a research proposal in the form of a poster presentation, referencing relevant scholarly literature and primary sources. By the end of the module, you will have a substantial research question in place ready for what will be the culmination of three years of hard work.
- 7 hours of lectures
- 2 hours of project supervision
- 1 hour of practical classes and workshops
- 140 hours of guided independent study
- Dissertation research proposal, 1,200-1,500 words (50%)
- Dissertation research proposal poster, 750 words (50%)