Organisational Research and Consultancy Methods and the MBA project
Module code: MN7709
Organisations depend on thorough research and the processes of collecting and interpreting information to inform crucial decisions tantamount to success.
This module enables you to explore a management issue in practice and make critically informed recommendations based on the theories, concepts and frameworks that have been learnt throughout the MBA.
You'll become an independent and reflective researcher, able to assess your own personal skills and research abilities. There is a choice between a traditional dissertation, an in-company project, business research or a business-start up plan, depending on your strengths and career ambitions. The MBA project is often the most challenging and rewarding part of the programme.
- Introduction to business research
- Strategies for finding and developing topics
- Finding and critiquing literature
- Project management and planning
- Data collection types and techniques
- Data analysis
- Ethical issues in research
- Writing up research
- Research communication and dissemination
- 5 two-hour lectures
- 8 one-hour seminars
- 1 two-day (16 hours) residential workshop
- 4 hours of Project Supervision
- 20 hours of participation in online discussion forums
- 200 hours of guided independent study
- Individual assignment (100%)