Managing Human Resources
Module code: LM7505
This module provides an understanding of the organisational context within which HRM and training operate, and the constraints that act on those responsible for their implementation. It explores organisational theory and looks at the implications for the trainer and for those in management development. Finally, it considers the contribution that HRM makes to an organisation.
On completion of this module students will be able to:
- Situate the study of HRM within the context of the employment relationship
- Better understand HRM within the context of organisational theory and of the ways in which organisations change and evolve
- Critically examine contemporary theories of HRM
- Understand current trends in labour management in the light of current HR theory
- This module is studied by distance learning.
- Written paper, 4,000-5,000 words (100%)