Employee Development and Workplace Learning
Module code: LM7500
This module introduces students to the concept of learning and explores key theoretical debates in the field. It moves on to examine the implications of different approaches to learning for employee development and HRD practice by analysing, through specific examples, their impact at individual and organisational levels.
On completion of this module students will be able to:
- Understand and critique theories of learning and the ways in which they can be applied to employee development
- Analyse and critique theories of workplace and work-related learning
- Reflect on the role of the training and HR practitioner
- This module is studied by distance learning.
- Written paper, 4,000-5,000 words (100%)