Geography in Education
Module code: GY2422
This module is offered in co-operation with the Royal Geographical Society’s National Geography Ambassador project, an initiative aimed at putting Geography undergraduates into schools to act as ambassadors for the subject. This scheme operates across England.
You'll be offered the opportunity of gaining first hand experience of education in a school environment, and of gaining a number of transferable skills that are in demand by employers in many occupations.
- Observation and interpretation (in a classroom context)
- Verbal presentation skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to work with others
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Analysing and problem solving
- Taking responsibility for your own learning and developing a habit of reflecting on that learning
Due to limited school placements this is a selective module and between 10 and 15 students are selected annually.
- 2 hours of lectures
- 4 hours of practical classes and workshops
- 4 hours of project supervision
- 30 hours of work-based learning
- 110 hours of guided independent study
- Written report (50%)
- Learning log (20%)
- Individual work-based assessment (30%)