Module code: CO4207
Software engineering is a dynamically developing discipline. There are new specifications, modelling and programming languages, plus new tools and paradigms for the development of software systems.
In this module you will study some of these new developments in modelling and code generation, using state-of-the-art software tools. You will learn methods of proper system modelling using UML diagrams, methodical system development from UML models to implementation using generative methods, the principles of Aspect Oriented Programming and MDA.
- UML for modelling of software systems
- Generative methods for code generation
- Aspect-oriented programming for compositional development of complex systems
- Model-driven development for software system development, e.g. OMG's Model-Driven Architecture (MDA) initiative.
- 24 hours of lectures
- 8 hours of seminars
- 16 hours of practical classes/workshops
- 102 hours of guided independent study
- Coursework (100%)