Module code: CO2108 (double module)
Concurrent Design is the simultaneous design and production of a prototype application. This may include both hardware and software solutions. The aim of the module is for you to spin out a business idea with plans for a start-up. The module is industry-led, with proposals for projects coming from real-world sources in areas such as space missions, health, tourism, museums, earth science, movies, etc. The module takes advantage of University of Leicester’s industrial network through entities such as the Innovation Hub and the Space Park, in order to place you in direct contact with potential employers.
The module includes the Leicester Gold Award advanced skills development programme. The aim of the award is to prepare you for life after university. It also includes the Placement Preparation module for the with Industry option.
- 48 hours of practical classes and workshops
- 8 hours of tutorials
- 48 hours of project supervision
- 12 hours of demonstration
- 24 hours of supervised time in studio/workshop
- 4 hours of external visits
- 12 hours of work based learning
- 144 hours of guided independent study
- Reflective journal (30%)
- Business plan (30%)
- Product (40%)