Module code: AR2044
What is archaeology without getting your hands dirty and being outdoors? Fieldwork is an essential part of archaeological practice. You will be trained in excavation and recording techniques - putting theory into practice. You will be introduced to the processes of post excavation analysis, and the role, challenges and results of fieldwork. You will gain experience in teamwork, data handling and practical skills as a key part of archaeological inquiry.
- 70 hours of supervised archaeological fieldwork
- 2 hours of seminars
- 10 hours of practical workshops
- 68 hours of guided independent study
- Class exercise portfolio, 1,500 words (40%)
- Report, 2,000 words (60%)