Introduction to Broadcast Journalism
Module code: JO2001
This module will introduce you to broadcasting, beginning with the form and professional practice of radio journalism. You'll learn how to make effective journalism in a radio format, learning the skills and techniques of radio journalists.
- What is radio?
- Introduction to radio journalism?
- Writing for radio
- Recording techniques
- Editing radio journalism
- Making radio packages
- Theories and Concepts of radio journalism
- 2 hours of tutorials
- 33 hours of practical work
- 115 hours of independent study
- Critical review of professional radio, 1,500 words (50%)
- Radio package, three minutes (50%)