Module code: CO7207
Software engineering is a very dynamically developing discipline. There are new specification, modelling and programming languages, new tools and paradigms for development of software systems. Among the most promising new ideas in recent years are:
- UML for modelling of software systems.
- Generative methods for code generation.
- Aspect-oriented programming for compositional development of complex systems.
- Model-driven development for software system development, e.g. OMG's Model-Driven Architecture (MDA) initiative.
In this module you will study some of these new developments in modelling and code generation, using state-of-the-art software tools. You will learn methods of proper system modelling using UML diagrams, methodical system development from UML model to implementation using generative methods, the principles of Aspect Oriented Programming and MDA.
- 150 hours of guided independent study
- Coursework (100%)