Living with COVID-19

Get external support

There are a number of external services who can support you with your wellbeing.

External medical support 

  • If you feel your safety or wellbeing is at immediate risk, please call 999.
  • For urgent medical help that is not life-threatening, ring 111 to speak to a trained professional who will direct you to the appropriate NHS service.  

Mental health 

  • Student Space provides one-to-one support for whatever challenges you're facing, including your mental health, your studies, money, housing or relationships. Get help by phone, webchat, text and email.
  • Lamp is a comprehensive internet directory of local agencies offering information and support on a wide range of mental health issues for the Leicestershire and Rutland area.
  • Turning Point provides a range of health and wellbeing services, including mental health, drug and alcohol, disability and employment support.
  • Mind provides mental health information and advice. 
  • Samaritans – confidential support available every day of the year on 116 123 for free.
  • 24 hour mental health telephone helpline if you are in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland: 0116 295 3060.
  • offers online wellbeing and mental health support.
  • Young Minds offers tips, advice and guidance on where you can get support for your mental health during the pandemic, specifically for young people. 
  • Start a Conversation signposts to support available, so you can have a conversation about how you're feeling and get help, if you are impacted by suicide..
  • SHOUT is a free mental health text support, available 24/7. Text 'SHOUT' to 85258.
  • Cruse offers support, advice and information when someone dies. 
  • National Suicide Prevention Alliance: Help is At Hand booklet is an emotional and practical support guide after someone may have died by suicide. 
  • The Tomorrow Project offers information, advice and emotional support to anyone who is feeling suicidal or affected by suicide.  

Sexual health 

Relationship support 

  • Bright Sky is a free to download mobile app providing support and information for anyone who may be in an abusive relationship or those concerned about someone they know.
  • Rape Crisis provides online emotional support and resources. 

Wellbeing tutorials 

Reporting a crime 

  • Call 101 to report minor and non-emergency crimes where immediate or high-priority response is not required, such as: to report a crime, if the suspect is no longer in the area, to offer evidence for an investigation, to make an enquiry, or to give police information about a threat of a crime.
  • Call 999 if a serious office is in progress, someone is in danger of immediate harm, property is in danger of being damaged or a serious disruption to the public is likely. 

Back to top