Health, safety and wellbeing
We’re here for you. We know the small things are the big things: conversations with friends, the opportunity to socialise, experiencing more than your bedroom’s four walls, and knowing you’re not alone. That’s why we are helping you to stay connected and provide a listening ear.
There is dedicated support in place, if you have any worries:
- For COVID-specific queries email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0116 252 2300 (Monday to Friday, 10.00am-4.00pm)
- Report to us if you have a positive COVID-19 test or if you are showing symptoms so we can support you, stay at home, and follow Government guidance.
- Student Support Services, including finance: email@example.com or 0116 223 1185 (Monday to Friday, 9.00am-5.00pm)
- Nightline listening service (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday nights, 8.00pm-2.00am, term time only)
- If you want to tell us about any unacceptable behaviour you have been subjected to or have been affected by you can disclose online through our Report and Support system.
Coming to Leicester
- Have symptoms? If you have any COVID-19 symptoms before you arrive, contact your healthcare provider or COVD-19 hotline. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if this affects you coming to Leicester.
- If you’re already in the UK, take free lateral flow tests before you travel.
- If you’re an international student, check GOV.UK and Life at Leicester pages regularly for the latest information.
Confident on campus
- Get your free COVID-19 vaccinations, including at our pop up centre on campus.
- Stay at home, take a PCR test and report to us if you have any COVID-19 symptoms or a positive test, so we can support you. Follow Government guidance.
- Take two coronavirus lateral flow tests on arrival, three to four days apart, and then twice a week if you do not have symptoms.
- Wear face coverings in teaching spaces and other crowded spaces to help us all remain safe, unless exempt.
- Check in using the QR codes using NHS COVID-19 app in lectures, sports centres, Percy Gee and the library, and other places you visit as part of NHS Track and Trace.
- Keep to the left when moving around buildings.
- Give each other some space.
- Wash your hands regularly – we have hand sanitisers around campus.
- Register with a GP – the closest to campus is Victoria Park Health Centre.
- All students are expected to comply with our Senate regulations, including those on conduct and COVID-19.