Research on campus
Research activities on campus have continued safely throughout the pandemic, although some areas of research have had much more limited access to facilities than others. As restrictions diminish further, and the remaining buildings reopen, we are moving back to a situation where you take personal responsibility for ensuring that your activity, whether it be in laboratory or other setting, meets expectations regarding health and safety and that appropriate risk assessments are in place. Guidance on any COVID-19 related mitigations required in specific settings (e.g. indoor spaces with more than a small group of people) is being developed. Staff and PGR students no longer need to undertake training or complete a checklist before returning to campus.
Find out more about the latest UK and international travel guidance.
PGR induction arrangements - 2021/22
- The Doctoral College welcome and main student induction is virtual and scheduled for Wednesday 29 September (afternoon).
- Full recordings of the induction and further resources will be available on Blackboard.
- College level inductions will be virtual and are scheduled to follow on from the Doctoral College welcome; these will be run by the College PGR Directors
- School/Department inductions can be face-to-face but a virtual option must be available for those unable to attend. These inductions should be organised by PGR Tutors.
PGR supervision meetings and on-campus study
Individual supervision meetings between PGR students and their supervisors should be face-to-face where possible. All full-time students must meet their supervisor once per month and all part-time students meet every two months. It is the responsibility of the PGR student to take the lead in arranging supervision meetings. Small group meetings with other PGR students in disciplinary groups (such as 'lab' or reading groups) should be encouraged.
Contacts for research related help and support
Directors of Operations
- College of Life Sciences: Rebecca Draper
- College of Science and Engineering: Chetna Patel-Liburd
- College of Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities: Ruth Daly
Deans of Research
- College of Life Sciences: Andrea Cooper
- College of Science and Engineering: Mark Purnell
- College of Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities: Richard Thomas
Pre-award (research bids and agreements)
- General pre-award queries: REDGrants@le.ac.uk
- For international and EU funding queries: email@example.com
- For equipment match funding queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Post-award (research grants and finance)
- General post award queries: email@example.com
- Research staffing queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Studentship queries: email@example.com
- Project delivery risks because of COVID-19: COVID19RED@le.ac.uk