Portuguese Advanced (Level 5)
- Session information: TBC - please contact the L@L office if you are interested in this course: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Timeline: TBC
- Fees: TBC
Each full course comprises 60 learning hours over two terms. Lessons are two hours long and take place once a week. The first ten lessons will run from TBC The consequent ten lessons will run from TBC, when the course will be completed. You can enrol for the complete course - 20 weeks - or just one term - 10 weeks.
This course will be taught in a group of minimum 6 and maximum 12 students.
*Includes all tuition, access to VLE (virtual learning environment), handouts and any tests/exams, but not a textbook.
You have reached the level B1 in full or completed the Upper-intermediate (level 4) or you have enough knowledge to be on track with the group. You can use the ELP self-assessment grid to judge how competent you are in the language. Alternatively, if you require help to assess your level please contact us or come along to one of our drop-in sessions.
- Describing past events: what happened and the context providing descriptive details
- Talking about health: comparing healthy and unhealthy habits and giving advice
- Giving advice and guidance
- Talking about current topics / form an opinion based on solid arguments
- Comment on facts or events speculating on causes/ consequences and create new hypothesis
- Talking about jobs and making applications
- Discussing money and the cost of living
- Writing formal letters and emails
- Distinguish main or accessory information in a text
- Write different text format: argumentative, expository and narrative
- Sum up different types of texts/ information
The tutor will advise of any textbook that maybe required at the start of the course.
This course is taught in Portuguese; English is used when necessary or requested by students in particular situations or grammar explanations. Our programme aims to develop the four language skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing as well as cultural awareness. It provides a good balance between understanding the culture, vocabulary and grammar structures of the Portuguese language and enhancing communication and interaction. It supports comprehensive and productive skills in speech and writing through authentic based activities and guided practice in the use of Portuguese language. Students will be encouraged to seek opportunities to learn and practise the four skills outside the classroom taking advantage of learning resources provided by tutors and the programme. The group size is limited to 12 students and planned to allow intensive interactive practice with individual feedback and advice on progress.
Upon completing the Advanced level (5), you can progress onto the Post-advanced level (6). If you are interested in attending an Post-Advanced course please email Languages at Leicester at email@example.com to register your interest.