Italian Post-Beginners Fast Track (Level 2)
You can already manage in everyday situations using the present tense. You have reached level A1 in the ELP self-assessment grid and/or completed the Beginners (level 1) Course. Fast Track courses enable you to complete the level in just one term, instead of two terms.
- Session information: Saturdays 10 am - 2.30 pm
- Timeline: Term 1: 10 weeks (60 learning hours), starting TBC October 2020
- Fees: Full course 10 weeks - £210* (60 learning hours)
This intensive course will start in October 2020. It comprises 60 learning hours over 10 weeks. Each Saturday there are two lessons of two hours, from 10 am to 12 pm and 12.30 to 2.30 pm (making a total of 40 guided learning hours). There is a half hour break between 12 and 12.30 pm
This course will be taught in a group of minimum 8 and maximum 16 students.
*Includes all tuition, access to VLE (virtual learning environment), handouts and any tests/exams, but not a textbook.Enrol now
- Likes and dislikes: what you do in your free time, what leisure activities people prefer in Italy and in other countries
- Giving suggestions and advice: cooking instructions, other forms of guidelines
- More complex shopping transactions: the comparison of different products and prices
- Talking about the past: understanding, and responding to, a past narrative in a variety of informal contexts.
There isn’t a University bookshop however The European Bookshop website holds our book list and offers a 10% discount to all our students. Languages at Leicester Reading List.
It is not essential to bring a course book to the first class. The tutor will discuss book requirements in class and advise you of the best places to obtain the book if required.
This course is taught in Italian and English. Our programme aims to develop the four language skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing as well as cultural awareness. It provides a good balance between understanding the culture, vocabulary and grammar structures of the Italian language and enhancing communication and interaction. It supports comprehensive and productive skills in speech and writing through authentic based activities and guided practice in the use of Italian language. Students will be encouraged to seek opportunities to learn and practise the four skills outside the classroom taking advantage of learning resources provided by tutors and the programme. Lessons are planned to allow intensive interactive practice with individual feedback and advice on progress.
Upon completing the Post-Beginners level (2), you can progress onto the Intermediate level (3).