PhD research topics
Our research is loosely organised into five broad themes. There is also an active working group on Knowledge Discovery and Machine Learning.
See each research theme for suggestions for projects that our staff would be interested in supervising:
- Algorithms: Complexity and Engineering (ACE)
- Foundations of Computing (FoCo)
- Interaction Design and Evaluation of Socio-technical Systems (IDEAS)
- Software Modelling and Evolution (SOME)
- Validation and Verification (VALVE)
- Knowledge Discovery and Machine Learning (KDML).
Browse funded opportunities in the College of Science and Engineering.