View news stories published by Informatics at Leicester.
Enhancing Digital Twin (DT) technology using Self Learning Autonomous Systems (SLASs) - A team from the School of Informatics and Space Research Center will collaborate with European Space Agency (ESA) and AIRBUS Defence and Space Limited (AIRBUS) consortium to tackle the correlation problem using the SLASs technology.
- Leicester Students in the final of the Unicode Challenge competition - In the final of the National Unicode challenge by Showcode, the students from Informatics placed 11th out of the top 30 UK Universities from all leagues, by overall points, 4th out of 73 Universities.
- Informatics Graduate Teaching Assistantships 2021 - Three 4 year fully funded Graduate Teaching Assistantships (GTA) for PhD study.
- Research published by Nature - Professor Huiyi(Joe) Zhou's group worked with the research partners from the University of Cambridge and several other institutions over the world on the topic of heart failure.
- BBC commissions Leicester artist to mark ‘Culture in Quarantine’ - Professor Andrew Hugill has been commissioned to produce a seven-part musical series for BBC platforms this summer examining life in lockdown.
- Meet the 'ethical hacker' Prabhjot Dunglay who helps Google, Apple and Dell stay secure
- Semantic Comparisons of Alloy Models - Jan Ringert and Syed Waqee Wali's paper has received the Best Foundation Paper Award and an ACM SigSoft Distinguished Paper Award.
- An ERC Consolidator Grant for Nir Piterman
- A Prestigious Machine Learning Publication by Leandro Minku
- Article by Piterman appears in the JACM
- A new EPSRC Grant on Democratising the Energy Sector
- Two Chair positions in the Department of Informatics
- Microsoft Research Outstanding Collaborator award
- Departmental workshop on applications of machine learning and data mining
- Department awarded project to visualise software metrics