Summer graduations normally take place in the first half of July, and given how close this is to 21 June and step 4 of the Government's roadmap and ongoing uncertainty on how large events can happen safely, it will not be possible to hold in-person graduation ceremonies this summer. Students who are due to graduate this summer will be invited to Virtual Celebrations which will be held on 29 and 30 July, please see below for more information.
We are currently developing plans for in-person graduation celebrations next year in the light of the survey feedback we received and more information will be provided in due course.
Confirming your personal details
Students who are due to graduate this July will be contacted in May to:
- Confirm the details that will be on your degree certificate, and make sure we have the right address to mail it to
- Tell us how you would like to receive communications from the University after you leave and join our Alumni Association
- Tell us about your future plans and interests so that our Career Development Service can continue to provide you with support.
Please note, if you have any tuition fee debts these will need to be paid by the deadline in the registration email in order for you to receive your certificate and transcript (if applicable).
Your certificate and transcript (if applicable) will be sent by Royal Mail Signed For to the address you have provided unless you have purchased DHL delivery.
Please note you will need to sign on receipt of your parcel. As such we recommend that you do not provide a PO Box address, EXCEPT if you are in Africa or the Middle East where PO Boxes are routinely staffed to accept mail and provide signatures.
You are able to purchase DHL delivery for your certificate and transcript (if applicable), via our online shop. You will need to select DHL Delivery - Graduation. DHL delivery can be purchased if you are overseas, or if you require quicker delivery. Please note DHL cannot deliver to PO boxes addresses. This link will be valid until Midnight (GMT) on 27/06/2021
Please be aware, certificates and transcripts (if applicable) will not be sent until after your award has been conferred. This will likely take place at the end of July and documents will be dispatched as soon as possible afterwards. You will receive an email to your personal email address with your tracking reference number once your documents have been posted.
Virtual celebrations for those students due to graduation this summer will be held on 29 and 30 July, taking place on Zoom. Whilst we appreciate this won't be the same we do hope you will be able to join your College staff and fellow students to celebrate, reflect and share congratulations.
There will be four college-level celebrations on the following dates:
- Thursday 29 July, 11am – 11.30am: College of Life Sciences
- Thursday 29 July, 3pm – 3.30pm: College of Science and Engineering
- Friday 30 July, 11am – 11.30am: College of Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities (Archaeology, English, Centre for Labour Market Studies at the School of Management, Criminology, Economics, History of Art Film, Life Long Learning, Management Centre, School of Modern Languages)
- Friday 30 July 3pm – 3.30pm: College of Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities (Education, Historical Studies, Law, Media and Communication, Museum Studies, Politics, Sociology)
Information on how to join the event will be sent in advance of the celebrations. If you are unable to join us on the day, a recording of the celebration will be made available to all students after the live event.