Testing of materials
We offer a range of services for testing the efficiency, durability, strengths and performance of materials.
Our world-leading academics use our state-of-the-art facilities to test new and old materials. We offer manufacturing companies research, support and consultancy services in:
- Laser 3D vibrometry and structural resonance analysis
- Modelling to predict materials' characteristics
- Aerodynamics/aerodynamic noise
- Emission testing
- In-situ oil analysis
- Finite element modelling methods for impact and penetration failure of materials and structures
- Casting defects and their avoidance - experimental, analytical and modelling
- Modelling of casting and welding processes
- Multifunctional composite materials and sandwich structures
We are proud to offer a wealth of analytical services including mineral, chemical, elemental, archaeological, thermal and powder analysis as well as mechanical and physical properties or particle sizing.
Our equipment and methodologies include:
- Scanning electron microscopy
- Field emission gun scanning electron microscopy
- Electron probe microanalysis
- Raman spectroscopy
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy
- Gas chromatography mass spectroscopy
- Mass spectrometry
We continually invest in new equipment, so please contact us to find out about our newest services or to request a quote.