We offer a range of services for testing the efficiency, durability, strengths and performance of materials.
Our world-leading academics use our state-of-the-art facilities to test new and old materials. We offer manufacturing companies research, support and consultancy services in:
- Laser 3D vibrometry and structural resonance analysis
- Modelling to predict materials' characteristics
- Aerodynamics/aerodynamic noise
- Emission testing
- In-situ oil analysis
- Finite element modelling methods for impact and penetration failure of materials and structures
- Casting defects and their avoidance - experimental, analytical and modelling
- Modelling of casting and welding processes
- Multifunctional composite materials and sandwich structures
The ASDEC research centre (Advanced Structural Dynamics Evaluation Collaborative), directed by Professor Sarah Hainsworth, offers commercially available 3D robot scanning laser vibrometry and modal analysis services.
The advantages of using robot scanning laser vibrometry include:
- Fully automated and non-contact vibration measurement
- New tests such as higher point densities, material testing
- Very fast and easy visualisation of results
The services offered by ASDEC include:
- 3D laser vibration testing
- Modal analyses
- Technical facilities hire
- Laser testing and modal analyses master classes
- Research and development
We are proud to offer a wealth of analytical services including mineral, chemical, elemental, archaeological, thermal and powder analysis as well as mechanical and physical properties or particle sizing.
Our equipment and methodologies include:
- Scanning electron microscopy
- Field emission gun scanning electron microscopy
- Electron probe microanalysis
- Raman spectroscopy
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy
- Gas chromatography mass spectroscopy
- Mass spectrometry
We continually invest in new equipment, so please contact us to find out about our newest services or to request a quote.