If you are an SME based in Leicester or Leicestershire, you may be eligible to access funding for a student or graduate intern. Our internships are designed to bring new perspectives and creative solutions to long and short term business challenges. We can help you to recruit a student or graduate on a short-term basis in the form of internship grants.
Funding is currently available for a range of summer internships that can be undertaken in person, remotely or a blend of the two. The cost of the intern’s salary is funded.
Benefits of recruiting an intern from the University of Leicester
- Students are highly employable, motivated and ambitious and can deliver tangible results to your business quickly
- Add value to your organisation by taking on challenging responsibilities and fixed-term projects.
- Support your team in a peak period.
- Bring fresh perspectives and new ideas.
- Add to your talent pipeline -an internship can serve as an extended interview and reduces the overall risk of recruitment.
Support for your business
The University will provide you with a dedicated member of staff to support you through the entire internship process.
- Support and advice on creating the internship opportunity.
- Advertisement and promotion of the opportunity.
- Tracking and monitoring of applications.
- Organising the payment of the funding.
Leicester Graduate City Programme
Leicester Graduate City Project is run in collaboration with University of Leicester, De Montfort University and Leicester City Council and is funded through the European Social Fund (ESF). This is a 3 year project offering fully funded student internships to local SME businesses in Leicester and Leicestershire. The aim of the project is to encourage students to consider staying in Leicester after University and to seek employment based in Leicester and Leicestershire. The project aims also to encourage local employers to access the student and graduate talent from both Universities to support student retention in our city and county.
To be the first to hear when applications are re-opening, please email email@example.com.
Employ Autism 2021
This summer the University of Leicester has joined the Employ Autism Higher Education Network, a ground-breaking higher education employability programme, which aims to unlock the potential of autistic students and graduates and help them into full-time work. The nationwide programme is run by Santander, through Santander Universities UK along with the charity Ambitious about Autism and offers six week fully funded internships for companies looking to boost diversity within their workplace. The programme will run from July-August 2021. You can read more in the employer leaflet or watch a short film on the programme.
How to get in touch
If you would like to learn more about the full range of internship funding options available, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how the University can support your recruitment needs.