Six week fully funded internships available for companies looking to boost diversity within their workplace.
The University of Leicester has joined the Employ Autism Higher Education Network, a ground-breaking higher education employability programme, which aims to unlock the potential of autistic students and graduates and help them into full-time work.
The nationwide programme is run by Santander, through Santander Universities UK, and the charity Ambitious about Autism and will enable autistic students and graduates studying at the University of Leicester to access paid internships and tailored careers support and advice.
The scheme will run from June 2021 for six weeks.
Reasons to get involved
By providing a placement to an autistic student or graduate you will:
- access a pool of untapped, diverse talent
- intern salary costs covered by Santander Universities UK
- receive training and support at £0-cost
- promote diversity of thought and problem solving
- support your existing workforce to thrive
- reflect the diversity of your clients and communities potentially become a ‘Disability Confident’ employer
If you would be interested in finding out more detail on this programme then we can connect you with the team at Ambitious about Autism who would be happy to schedule a short call to discuss the opportunity and what is involved. You can also read more in the employer leaflet or watch a short film on the programme.
For more information and to register your interest email: email@example.com