Learn-AT School Direct
We have enjoyed a successful relationship with the University of Leicester in delivering the Primary PGCE for many years. Initially as Church Langton School Direct and now as Learn-AT Teaching School. We are based at Church Langton CE Primary School in the South East of Leicestershire near Market Harborough. We have good road links being close to the A6, A47 and A14.
We chose to run a School Direct programme because we are passionate about training and recruiting new Teachers to the profession. School Direct allows people to train locally and enables us to invest in local people. Many of our trainees are now employed in Learn-AT schools and all who completed the course are teaching in the local area.
As Learn-AT Teaching School we can offer support and guidance for trainees right from the beginning of the process. We can help arrange school experience in a school near you. We offer advice and guidance during the application process and are heavily involved in the interview process. During your training you will have a school-based tutor and a university-based tutor to offer you support at every stage. Once you have successfully completed your PGCE we offer a two year Early Career Teacher support programme to make sure you get the best possible start to your career.
As a School Direct provider we are responsible for organising the school placements you will undertake during your training. We personalise these placements for our trainees, taking into account previous experience, links with schools and travel times. We aim to place our trainees in a range of different schools locally so that they get a wide variety of experiences. You will be supported by experienced mentors who are dedicated to nurturing future professionals. Schools we work with include:
- Blaby Stokes Primary School LE8 4EG
- Belgrave St Peter’s C of E Primary LE4 5PG
- Billesdon C of E Primary LE7 9AG
- Broughton Primary School NN14 1NB
- Church Langton CE Primary School (Lead School) LE17 4SZ
- Fleckney C of E Primary School LE8 8BE
- Foxton Primary School LE16 7QZ
- Great Bowden Academy LE16 7HZ
- Hallaton C of E Primary LE16 8TY
- Hathern C of E Primary LE12 5LJ
- Husbands Bosworth C of E Primary LE17 6JU
- Little Bowden Primary LE16 8AY
- Lubenham All Saints C of E Primary LE16 9TW
- Market Harborough C of E Academy LE16 9QH
- Meadowdale Primary School LE16 7XQ
- Red Hill Field Primary School LE19 3EF
- Ridgeway Primary Academy LE16 7HQ
- St Andrew’s CE Primary School LE17 6HD
- St Barnabas C of E Primary School LE5 4BD
- St Mary & St John CEVA Primary School LE15 8JR
Our experienced teachers design and deliver the English, Maths and Science strands of your academic training. We provide additional workshops in subjects like Music, Art and Design & Technology. We are proud to be part of the Diocese of Leicester and many schools we work with are Church schools. They have designed some bespoke RE workshops for our trainees. They also make a big contribution to our Early Career Teacher programme.
Mrs Tracy Bastock
Deputy Head of Learn-AT Teaching School
Office: (01858) 383155
Mobile: 07596 659380