English for Law International Summer Programme
The English for Law International Summer Programme is aimed at law students who wish to experience a taste of studying at a British university whilst learning about the English legal system and improving their English and academic skills.
Aims of the English for Law International Summer Programme
You will learn about Law and the English legal system through classes in Legal English, seminars with Law faculty and visits to courts and the Houses of Parliament. You will also improve your Everyday English. Language classes aim to develop all four language skills – speaking, listening, reading and writing - but the main emphasis will be on improving spoken English.
Why join the English for Law International Summer Programme?
- Find out what it is like to live and study at a renowned British university
- Learn about aspects of English law in seminars delivered by staff from the University of Leicester Law School
- Visit legal institutions such as the Houses of Parliament, Crown Court and Magistrates Court
- Improve your English ability in an academic and friendly environment
- Discover British culture though social events and day trips
- Develop academic skills through a research project
- Experience living in a vibrant and student friendly city situated in the heart of England
- A course welcome and induction programme.
- Daily English classes, focusing on both general, academic English and legal English
- A series of law seminars on subjects such as the English legal system, company law and human rights law
- Visits to legal institutions such as the Houses of Parliament, Crown Court and Magistrates Court
- A research project leading to a poster presentation
- Day trips to places of interest, such as Oxford and London
- Evening social activities
- A closing ceremony with prize giving and award of certificates
Comments from previous English for Law students
"I think every day in Leicester is full of fun."
"I am glad to learn how to make an academic poster!"
"All of the facilities in the university are very good."
"People at the university here are warmhearted."
"I totally enjoyed this summer school."
100% of the students on the course in 2018 said that they would recommend it to a friend.
Please complete an enquiry form to receive further information.
- The summer school will take place between 15th July to 2nd August 2021
- Accommodation will be available from 14th July to 3rd August 2021 inclusive
- Applications close at the end of June 2021
- Participants are expected to have a minimum English level of IELTS 4.5 or equivalent. Alternative English qualifications will be accepted or we may be able to test your English. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- Participants must be aged 18 or over.
- Accommodation will be in self-catered accommodation within walking distance of the campus and the city centre.
- Participants will be housed in a single study bedroom with ensuite bathroom and will share kitchen and bathroom facilities. All bills and Wi-Fi access are included.
- £1,950 per person
- £1,800 for participants from University of Leicester partner institutions
- £1,800 for participants referred by a previous International Summer Programme student.
- £1,800 for participants referred by a current University of Leicester student or member of staff.
Payment is required in full to accept a place on the course
- Tuition fees for all classes
- Self-catered ensuite accommodation
- All excursions and social events
- All study materials
- A certificate of attendance, transcript and written feedback
- International Summer Programme T-shirt and farewell gift
- Closing ceremony with prize giving
- Access to University of Leicester facilities
What's not included
- Airport transfers
- Meals and beverages, unless specified in the timetable
- Visa costs
- Medical and travel insurance
Visit our scholarships for the 2020 International Summer Programmes page for more information
- Full Refund: Within 14 days of acceptance of place
- Half Refund: On or before 23rd July 2019
- No Refund: After 23rd July 2019