English for Engineers International Summer Programme
The English for Engineers International Summer Programme is aimed at engineering students and professionals of all disciplines wishing to improve their English for use in an Engineering context.
Aims of the English for Engineers International Summer Programme
The main aims of the course are to develop participants’ ability to communicate when using English in an Engineers context and to give them an opportunity to experience Engineering in a British university. We focus on all four language skills – speaking, listening, reading and writing but the main emphasis will be on improving spoken English.
Why join the English for Engineers International Summer Programme?
- Improve your English skills specifically for use in an Engineering environment
- Experience studying in a UK Engineering school setting, including practical experiments
- Improve your general English and study skills in an academic and friendly environment
- adding to your CV
- Experience studying and living in a vibrant and student friendly city situated in the heart of the UK
- Meet make friends with other students from around the world
- A course welcome and induction programme
- Daily English classes, focusing on both general and academic English, with particular emphasis on speaking and listening skills
- A mixture of seminars, lectures and workshops focusing on Engineering topics
- Three half-day laboratory sessions in the Department of Engineering
- A practical project and poster presentation
- Day trips to places of interest
- Evening social activities with students from other international summer programmes
Please complete an enquiry form to receive further information.
- The summer school will take place between Monday 5th August and Friday 23rd August 2019
- Accommodation will be available from Sunday 4th August to Saturday 24th August 2019 inclusive
- Applications close at the end of June 2019.
- Participants are expected to have a minimum English level of IELTS 4.5 or equivalent. Alternative English qualifications will be accepted or we may be able to test your English. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any questions
- Participants must be aged 18 or over
- Accommodation will be in self-catered accommodation within walking distance of the campus and the city centre.
- Participants will be housed in a single study bedroom with ensuite bathroom and will share kitchen and bathroom facilities. All bills and Wi-Fi access are included
- £1,950 per person
- £1,800 for participants from University of Leicester partner institutions
- £1,800 for participants referred by a previous International Summer Programme student
- £1,800 for participants referred by a current University of Leicester student or member of staff
Payment is required in full to accept a place on the course.
- Tuition fees for all classes
- Self-catered ensuite accommodation
- All excursions and social events
- All study materials
- A certificate of attendance, transcript and written feedback
- International Summer Programme T-shirt and farewell gift
- Closing ceremony with prize giving
- Access to University of Leicester facilities
What's not included
- Airport transfers
- Meals and beverages, unless specified in the timetable
- Visa costs
- Medical and travel insurance
Visit our scholarships for the 2020 International Summer Programmes page for more information.
- Full Refund: Within 14 days of acceptance of place
- Half Refund: On or before 23rd July 2019
- No Refund: After 23rd July 2019