EL8500 Distance Learning Academic Writing Course
This course is open to all undergraduate and postgraduate students. This is a self-study course which is available throughout the year.
|Availability||Throughout the year|
|Module leader||Matt Duncan|
A 15-hour self-study, academic writing course for distance learners. The course will help develop your academic writing style, essay organisation, referencing and critical thinking.
How to enrol on the online writing course
To take part in the course you have to enrol on VSAC, which is part of Blackboard. You can enrol on the course at any time you wish. There are two ways you can enrol. The first way is to email email@example.com asking to be enrolled on VSAC. It will take a maximum of two-working days for you to gain access. Or for instant access follow the instructions below.
- Go to the Blackboard login page and log in with your IT username and password
- Click on the Courses tab at the top of the screen
- In the Course Catalogue, click on English Language Teaching Unit
- In the list of courses, look for EL8000 VSAC. When you move your mouse pointer over EL8000, a small round button will appear.
- Click on the button, then click on Enrol
- Click on Submit
- A message should appear saying Action Successful
- Click on the Home tab. VSAC can now be found under My Courses
- Click on VSAC. On the front page you will see a link to Distance Learning Academic Writing Course
How much does it cost?
This course is provided free of charge to current distance learning students of the University of Leicester.