Christmas tree trail
Calling all students! Form a team and enter our Christmas Tree Trail competition. You could win a festive hamper for the best decorated Christmas tree on campus – as voted for by staff and students.
Each team will be provided with £25 for decorations and will then have two days to decorate their designated tree to the very limits of Yuletide magnificence. Voting will take place over the following week, with the winning tree/team announced after the carol singing on Friday. We have ten Christmas trees so if more than ten teams enter we will hold a draw to select who takes part.
Everyone who votes will be entered into a prize draw to win a University of Leicester merchandise goodie bag.
How to enter
- Get a team together of at least three people. You could team up with classmates on your course, or your neighbours in halls, or you could all be members of a student society, or just a bunch of friends. There is no maximum team size, but all team members must be current University of Leicester students. Decide who will be the main contact.
- Complete the online submission form by 5.00pm on Thursday 21 November.
- We will put all the teams into Santa's hat and draw ten at random. Sorry - there's a finite number of trees available...
- We will contact all teams. If you are successful, we will let you know where your particular tree is.
- Participating teams will be invited to a briefing session, where you can pick up your £25 voucher to spend on decos.
- You will have two days (28/29 November) to create the most astounding display of arboreal festive delight ever seen on campus.
- From Monday 2 December to Friday 6 December, staff and students will take a look at all ten trees and vote for their favourite.
- The winner will be announced on Friday after carols round the (big) tree.
How to vote
- Pick up a Christmas Tree Trail voting card. These will be available from Monday 2 December to Friday 6 December from the Library reception desk. There will also be student helpers in red jumpers and hoodies wandering around handing out voting cards.
- Gaze in wonder at the festive creativity on display across all ten trees.
- Write your favourite on the card. If you want to be included in the prize draw, make sure to add your email address.
- Post your card into the red wooden postbox at the Library reception desk. Votes must be received by 3.00pm on Friday 6 December.
- Encourage your friends to vote - but in the spirit of Christmas, ballot-rigging is strongly discouraged.
- Join us at the carols round the (big) tree at 4.00pm on Friday 6 December. The winning team will be announced immediately afterwards.
- Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.