The Chaplaincy to the University of Leicester are seeking a friendly and organised self-starter to be the lynchpin of administrative support for our team of Chaplains. An excellent opportunity to channel administrative skills towards a socially and spiritually conscious cause, this role would fit nicely alongside another part-time job or around childcare/other responsibilities.
18-20 hours per week, 40 weeks per year, mostly in during University term-time. Primarily in-person at Gatehouse Chaplaincy Centre. 6 month probationary period.
8k-10k depending upon experience.
The Chaplaincy is a local ecumenical partnership comprising several denominations. We are a Christian charity serving students and staff of the University of Leicester through a formalised link, offering welcome and spiritual support to people of all faiths and none as an outworking of our own Christian faith. Our team hold University ID and IT accounts but Chaplains are funded by their respective denominations. The administrator post is fully funded by the University.
The stated object in our constitution is ‘the advancement of the Christian religion within the University’. Stemming from this, the current team of Chaplains have collaboratively decided upon a vision of being ‘A Bridge of Welcome, A Space to Explore, A Prophetic Voice and A House of Prayer’. The administrator post is a crucial support role. There is a necessity for the successful applicant to be sympathetic to our ethos and values.
To look after the administrative aspects of the Chaplaincy, in close partnership with the co-ordinating Chaplain and as a valued member of the wider Chaplaincy team.
- Day to day reception in-person at the Gatehouse Chaplaincy Centre (in accordance with agreed working hours).
- Being on hand to welcome users of the building and as a first point of contact for those seeking to connect with Chaplains.
- General administration of the Chaplaincy.
- Handling/filtering enquiries; preparing agendas & taking minutes (including monthly Chaplains’ Meetings and termly Chaplaincy Council); maintaining relevant documents; keeping up-to-date with safety inspections, DBS checks, insurance policies etc.
- Assistance in some event-planning, promoting of groups/events.
- Assistance in liaising with Chaplaincy volunteers.
- Administrative assistance to the Treasurer and Co-ordinating Chaplain.
- Running the building and office.
- Ensuring smooth running and good upkeep of the premises, liaising with cleaners, tradesmen etc were necessary.
- Maintaining/updating all necessary supplies.
- Oversight of catering facilities.
- Administration of bookings.
- Managing the diary of bookings, key-handling and return, heating settings, payment etc.
- Marketing the building across relevant platforms to attract additional booking.
- Administration of social media.
- Maintaining schedule and uploading content across various platforms (e.g. Facebook, instagram).
- Helping to create/edit content and devise campaigns as relevant to skills/ experience/interest.
- Friendly, welcoming and a good team player.
- Organised, IT proficient and a good self-starter happy to take initiative.
- Can genuinely align with Christian ethos of the role and team.
- An interest in and proficiency with social media.
Rev Luke Briggs (Co-ordinating Chaplain) for a full job description and application pack, or for an initial informal conversation. Email email@example.com.
Applications Monday 28 March. Interviews on Wednesday 6 April at Gatehouse Chaplaincy Centre.