Please note: At the moment we are unable to offer birthday parties but hope to again in the future.
We offer a selection of led birthday parties for younger children at both the Garden and Arboretum which include:
- A 1 hour 15 minutes activity (see below) led by a member of the Botanic Garden teacher team
- Use of a room for a further 45 minutes for food and games provided by yourselves
- Parties are priced at £130
Parties at the Arboretum
This party is suitable for up to 15 children aged between 4-5 years.
Act out the story of the Bear Hunt around the site - go through the swishy-swashy grass, the stumble trip forest … and run from the ‘bear’. Do several art activities relating to the story - make a grass picture, mud print paw prints, bark rubbings and splash in the paddling pool. Bag provided for each child to take art work home in.
Parties at the Garden
Suitable for up to 20 children aged between 6-8 years.
Choose two from a selection of activities:
- Pond dip with nets and find the animals that live in our pond
- Use clay and cones to make animals
- Collect leaves and make head bands using leaves
- Collect leaves and make leaf masks
- Hunt for 'creatures' in the rainforest glasshouse
Fairies and Elves
Hunt for natural materials to make fairy and elf doors.
Hunt for cake ingredients around the Garden and then use them to make a cake. This party is for up to 20 children aged between 6-8 years.
Alice in WonderlandFollow an Alice themed trail, play croquet and make headbands. For up to 15 children.
DetectivesWhich animal stole seeds from the Botanic garden? Look at the different animal footprints and evidence to solve the crime. For up to 15 children aged 7+ years.
Witches and Wizards
Collect ingredients to make a special happy birthday spell, make wands. For up to 15 children aged 7+ years.
Please contact the Botanic Garden Office for further information or to book a party on 0116 271 2933 or email us.