Medium-term objective of the group, dependent on funding, is to sponsor early-career Africa research of a high academic standard, and with practical relevance.
- Four impactful research projects in Africa, sponsored each year
- Fieldwork between three weeks and three months.
Initially, PhD Students and Early-career postdocs will be prioritized – can be from a range of interdisciplinary backgrounds.
12 research themes we can support (as well as fund) each year:
- Security & Development
- Peace and Conflict Studies
- Gender Studies
- Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Law and Justice Reform
- Ethics and Human Rights
- Youth Studies
- Leadership Governance
- Government & Governance
- Technology & Digital Revolution
Output: At the end of the year, each project will produce a paper that will be compiled within an in-house journal.