Senior Staff Pay Committee
Please note, Terms of Reference under review for 2021-22.
Terms of Reference 2019-20
Role and responsibilities
- To be responsible for deciding on the award of any salary increases and/or bonuses based on the performance and contribution of the following groups of staff, who have applied for an award this round:
- Grade 10 Professional Services Staff
- Professorial Staff and Heads of Department.
- To review the arrangements for responsibility payments to office holders (Heads of Schools/Departments and others) and determine the appropriate level of such payments.
- To consider, record and address the potential equal opportunity impacts of decisions made by the Committee (in accordance with the ‘due regard’ provisions of the Equality Act 2010).
- To review the outcomes of the revised SSPC process including a review of the data in comparison to previous years.
Council - has full delegated powers to set salary increases and/or bonuses within the context, and adhering to the CUC Higher Education Senior Staff Remuneration Code.
Constitution and Membership 2019-20
a) The President and Vice-Chancellor (Chair)
b) The Deputy Vice-Chancellor
c) The Pro-Vice-Chancellor for Research & Enterprise
d) The Pro-Vice-Chancellor for Student Experience
e) The Registrar and Chief Operating Officer
f) The Director of Human Resources
a) The Heads of College
Duration of appointment
All members are ex-officio. Heads of Colleges shall only attend during consideration of the remuneration of staff within their College.
Division of Human Resources.
Frequency of meetings
The Committee will normally meet once in each academic year.
A minimum of four members.