Please visit the following pages for the opening times of specific facilities, which may be open when the University as a whole is shut:
Activities and events
Our Residence Life programme continues over Bank Holiday weekends, with activities on each day. Any Leicester student is welcome to attend these, regardless of whether you live in our halls of residences or private accommodation. No need to book, just turn up.
You can also find events to enjoy across the city on the Visit Leicester website.
Radio 2 Weekend
On Saturday 16 and Sunday 17 September 2023, BBC Radio 2 is hosting its Radio 2 in the Park weekend in Victoria Park. During this time, there will be temporary changes to opening times of buildings and facilities:
- All academic buildings will be closed from 6.00am on Saturday 16 September to 5.00am on Monday 18 September to all staff who do not require access for work reasons.
- The University Library will close at 5.00pm on Saturday 16 September and be open from 9.00am-5.00pm on Sunday 17 September. Normal 24/7 opening hours will resume from 8.00am on Monday 18 September.
- Freemen's Bar and Kitchen will open from 10.00am on Saturday and the Library Café from 10.00-3.00pm on Saturday and Sunday.
- Freemen’s Multi-Storey Car Park will be closed to staff and students who have not booked a space through the Radio 2 website on Saturday 16 and Sunday 17 September.
- Call 999 for the police, ambulance or fire services. If you feel your safety or wellbeing is at immediate risk, please call 999.
For urgent medical help that is not life-threatening, ring 111 to speak to a trained professional who will direct you to the appropriate NHS service.
- University Security is available 24 hours a day. They can respond directly to incidents on campus, including halls of residence and can provide support with reporting incidents to the police. Call 0116 252 2023 (non-emergency) or 0116 252 2888 (emergency).
This can also be done using the Safezone app on Android and Apple.
- The Village and The City receptions are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week: 0116 252 2428 or email@example.com.