Dignity and Respect
We are committed to ensuring that ours is an inclusive learning, working and research environment where all students, staff and visitors are treated with dignity and respect.
The Dignity and Respect at Leicester Policy and associated documents outline, with clear definitions and examples, what unacceptable behaviours are and the processes in place to address, deal with and report them.
Each member of the University community is expected to:
- Behave with respect and courtesy at all times
- Contribute to ensuring that the University is welcoming and safe
- Ensure that their behaviour is not offensive, and is free from harassment, bullying, abuse and discrimination.
If you are a student who is experiencing unacceptable behaviours you can report this and find out what support is available to you by contacting the University’s Report and Support Team.
For staff, we have a network of trained Dignity and Respect Contacts who provide an impartial, confidential listening and signposting service for those who feel they may be experiencing unacceptable behaviours or who are responding to complaints about such behaviour
- Dignity and Respect at Leicester Policy (PDF, 168kb)
- Dignity and Respect at Leicester Definitions (PDF, 156kb)
- Dignity and Respect at Leicester Staff Procedure (PDF, 187kb)
- Dignity and Respect at Leicester Third Party Procedure (PDF, 413kb)
Dignity and Respect Contacts
The University offers a Dignity and Respect Contact Service to members of staff who feel that they are experiencing unacceptable behaviours, such as bullying or harassment, or who are responding to complaints about unacceptable behaviours.
Dignity and Respect Contacts provide staff with accurate information about relevant University, policies and procedures and the options available to them.
If you would like to meet with a Dignity and Respect Contact please contact:
Tel: 0116 252 3334
University of Leicester, EDI Team, Astley Clarke Building - Room 008