Students - how to report harassment
As a University of Leicester student, if you feel that you’re being subjected to unacceptable behaviours, we encourage you to make a disclosure through our Report and Support online reporting system. You can do this anonymously or leave your contact details for us to get back to you.
Using Report and Support
You can use Report and Support to tell us something that's happened, and find out more about support available to you.
Use the Report and Support reporting system to do one of the following:
- disclose behaviours you’ve experienced and leave your contact details for us to get back to you
- tell us anonymously.
Setting up a meeting with you
If you leave contact details, wherever possible someone will contact you within two working days to offer a confidential meeting with a trained case worker.
They will then:
- provide a safe space for you to talk about what you've experienced
- talk to you about the support available to you, both within the University and externally
- help you to explore your options, including informal resolution and more formal reporting
- provide information about relevant University policies and processes.
If you do not wish to meet with anyone, we can signpost you to further sources of support.
During the meeting
You can request to meet in person or online/over the phone. When you meet with a case worker, they will talk you through their role, what support they can offer and explain the parameters of confidentiality to you.
The meeting will go at your pace and the case worker will only ask for key information that will help support you.
After the meeting
After the meeting, you can choose to leave it there and do nothing or to progress with one or more of the options outlined in the meeting.
It is acknowledged that talking to someone about your experiences can be difficult. Where possible we will look to uphold confidentiality, however circumstances that involve risk do require escalation. Where possible we would always try to consult you on potential actions.