Terms of Reference and Membership 2016-2017
To determine salary increases and/or bonuses for designated senior post-holders.
- To be responsible for deciding on the award of any salary increases and/or bonuses for:
- President and Vice-Chancellor
- Registrar and Chief Operating Officer
- Director of Finance
- Pro-Vice-Chancellors and Heads of Colleges
- To keep under review the arrangements for responsibility payments to office holders (Heads of Departments and others) and for determining the proper level of such payments.
- Exceptionally, at the request of the University Staffing Committee, to consider issues of general applicability with regard to levels of remuneration, and to advise as it sees fit.
- To consider, record and address the potential equal opportunity impacts of decisions made by the Committee (in accordance with the ‘due regard’ provisions of the Equality Act 2010).
Council - has full delegated powers to set salary increases and/or bonuses without reference to Council unless it thinks fit.
Constitution and Membership 2016-17
- The Chair of Council (Chair) (Dr B Towle)
- The Treasurer (Mr D Moore)
- The President and Vice-Chancellor (Professor P Boyle)
- The Registrar and Chief Operating Officer (Mr D Hall)
- Three lay members of Council, appointed by the Nominations Committee (Mr Ian Johnson until 31/7/2017, Dr D Luckett until 31/7/2018, Mr A Morgan until 31/7/2019)
Duration of appointment
a), b), c) and d) are ex-officio. Members appointed under e) shall serve for three years, renewable, but maximum length of service is normally six years.
Normally in attendance at meetings
The Director of Human Resources (Ms K Bradley)
Division of Human Resources
Frequency of meetings
The Committee will normally meet once in each academic year.
5 members, including at least three lay members.