Executive Board terms of reference
The Executive Board is responsible for providing effective, coordinated and strategically-aware leadership of the University's current and future performance.
Detailed terms of reference
- To develop, monitor and refine the University’s strategic approach, including development of the strategic plan.
- To determine and oversee the processes by which strategic and operational planning is undertaken by Colleges and the Professional Services; to agree academic, operational and financial targets.
- To develop the annual budget and financial forecasts and recommend these to Finance Committee, Senate and Council.
- To monitor the University’s academic, financial and operational performance against agreed objectives, targets and budgets and to take action where there are significant variances.
- To determine the action to be taken by the University in response to external opportunities and initiatives.
- To consider, record and address the potential equal opportunity impacts of decisions made by the Committee (in accordance with the ‘due regard’ provisions of the Equality Act 2010).
- To consider reports from the University Staffing Committee.
- To consider and advise on any other matters as may be referred to it.
Reports to: Council Advisory Committee, Senate and Finance Committee (as required)
Sub-committees: University Leadership Group, University Planning Group, University Staffing Committee, College Management Boards and the Professional Services Management Team.
Secretariat: Division of Policy, Planning and Change