Become a lay member of Council
The University of Leicester is looking for talented men and women to serve as ‘lay’ members of our governing body – the Council. The membership of Council always consists of a permanent majority of ‘lay’ members, who are neither staff nor students of the University.
By volunteering to serve as a lay member and to help guide us through the next three years, your skills and experience will influence University strategy and development, and help guide our future direction.
We are looking for outstanding professionals with an interest in higher education who can offer:
- Strategic acumen
- Good governance awareness
- Change management experience
- Understanding of large complex organisations
You will bring your experience and enthusiasm to help shape the future for the good of the University of Leicester. If you choose to join us you will be joining one of the most diverse universities in one of the most diverse cities in the United Kingdom.
Council meets five times in each academic year.
Find out more
For further details about the role please download our candidate pack (PDF).
For informal enquiries regarding these roles, please contact Neil Cox, Assistant Council Secretary: 0116 252 2718, email@example.com
To apply, please provide:
- A covering letter of no more than two A4 pages explaining why this appointment interests you, your relevant skills and attributes, and how you are suited to the responsibilities and expectations of a lay member of Council as detailed in the candidate brief.
- A full CV with your education and professional qualifications and full employment history.
- Day-time, evening and mobile telephone numbers, together with an appropriate, confidential and acceptable e-mail address for all correspondence relating to your application.
Applications should be submitted to Neil Cox, Assistant Council Secretary, firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is midnight on Wednesday 21 February 2018.
Interviews for shortlisted candidates will take place on 27/28 March and 16/17 April 2018.
Appointments will be made for an initial term of three years, renewable, commencing on 1 August 2018.