Senior Staff Pay Committee
Terms of Reference 2018-2019
Role and responsibilities
- To be responsible for deciding on the award of any salary increases and/or bonuses based on the performance and contribution of the following groups of staff:
- Grade 10 Professional Services Staff
- Professorial Staff and Heads of Department.
- To review the arrangements for responsibility payments to office holders (Heads of Departments and others) and determine the appropriate level of such payments.
- To consider, record and address the potential equal opportunity impacts of decisions made by the Committee (in accordance with the ‘due regard’ provisions of the Equality Act 2010).
Reports toCouncil - has full delegated powers to set salary increases and/or bonuses within the context, and adhering to the CUC Higher Education Senior Staff Remuneration Code.
Constitution and Membership 2017-18a) The President and Vice-Chancellor (Chair) (Professor P Boyle)
b) The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Professor Edmund Burke)
c) The Pro-Vice-Chancellor for Research & Enterprise (Professor Iain Gillespie)
d) The Pro-Vice-Chancellor for Student Experience (Professor Jon Scott)
e) The Registrar and Chief Operating Officer (Mr D Hall)
f) Human Resources Director (Ms K Bradley)
g) The Heads of College