Terms of Reference 2018-2019
Role and responsibilities
- To be responsible for deciding on the award of any salary increases and/or bonuses based on the performance and contribution of the following groups of staff:
- Grade 10 Professional Services Staff
- Professorial Staff and Heads of Department.
- To review the arrangements for responsibility payments to office holders (Heads of Departments and others) and determine the appropriate level of such payments.
- To consider, record and address the potential equal opportunity impacts of decisions made by the Committee (in accordance with the ‘due regard’ provisions of the Equality Act 2010).
Council - has full delegated powers to set salary increases and/or bonuses within the context, and adhering to the CUC Higher Education Senior Staff Remuneration Code.
Constitution and Membership 2017-18
a) The President and Vice-Chancellor (Chair) (Professor P Boyle)
b) The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Professor Edmund Burke)
c) The Pro-Vice-Chancellor for Research & Enterprise (Professor Iain Gillespie)
d) The Pro-Vice-Chancellor for Student Experience (Professor Jon Scott)
e) The Registrar and Chief Operating Officer (Mr D Hall)
f) Human Resources Director (Ms K Bradley)
g) The Heads of College
Duration of appointment
All members are ex-officio. Members appointed under g) shall only attend during consideration of the remuneration of staff within their College.
Division of Human Resources.
Frequency of meetings
The Committee will normally meet once in each academic year.
A minimum of four members.