Terms of Reference and Membership 2018-19
RoleTo manage the business of the Alumni Association of the University of Leicester
- To formulate and oversee the implementation of the policies of the Alumni Association.
- To act as a channel of communication between the Alumni Association and the University.
- To arrange and run events on behalf of the Alumni Association.
- To arrange and run the Annual Meeting of the Alumni Association.
- To offer advice and support to the Philanthropy, Alumni and Community Engagement Office on the Alumni Relations programme.
- To appoint a member of the Standing Committee, normally the Chair, to serve as a member of the University’s governing Council.
- To appoint up to two members of the Standing Committee (including the Chair) to serve on the Augmented Nominations Committee for the purposes of appointing the University’s Chancellor.
- To consider, record and address the potential equal opportunity impacts of decisions made by the Committee (in accordance with the ‘due regard’ provisions of the Equality Act 2010).
Constitution and membership 2017-2018a) The Chair of the Alumni Association (Mrs S Osborn, 2020)
b) Ten members appointed by the Alumni Association
Mrs L Wight, 2020 (Vice-Chair)
Miss E Blood, 2021
Mr M Cullen, 2019
Mr D Etherton, 2020
Dr R Fairbrother, 2020
Mr D Flatt, 2020
Mr L Stahl, 2020
Mr S Wright, 2020
Mr S Green, 2021
Mr C Du Couedic De Kererant, 2021
c) The immediate past Chair of the alumni Association (Luke Trotman, 2018)
d) Up to five co-opted members (including a representative from the Governing body of the Students’ Union): Miss A Moran, 2019
Duration of appointment
- Members appointed under a) and b) shall for 3 years and shall be eligible for re-appointment.
- Members appointed under c) may be appointed, in the interest of continuity, to serve for a period of one year only.
- Members appointed under d) shall be appointed annually by the Standing Committee and shall be eligible for re-appointment.
- Categories a), b) and c) above are open to Full and Associate Members of the Alumni Association.
- Category d) is open to Full and Associate Members, and any other person whom the Standing Committee may decide upon.
- Unless stated otherwise members shall retire after a maximum period of three consecutive terms of three years and shall be required to retire for at least one full year before being eligible for re-appointment. Exceptions to this rule will require a specific resolution of the Standing Committee.
- Appointments shall expire on 30 September of the relevant year.