Pregnancy and maternity
Pregnancy is the condition of being pregnant or expecting a baby. Maternity refers to the period after the birth, and is linked to maternity leave in the employment context. We offer the following support:
- Maternity and pregnancy policy
- Parental leave policy
- Paternity leave policy
- Student pregnancy, maternity, paternity and adoption policy
- Carers and Parents Network
- Infant feeding rooms - the University provides facilities to support students, staff and visitors who wish to express milk in the workplace. There are two breastfeeding/milk expressing/infant feeding rooms on campus. These are available to all staff, students and visitors.
- The University of Leicester Nursery caters for children aged from six weeks to five years and is open to all University of Leicester staff and students.